This web site subscribes and complies with the voluntary privacy principles contained in the Electronic Communications and Transactions (ECT) Act 25 OF 2002.
The information below is provided in accordance with chapter VII, clause 43 of the ECT Act
- Full name and legal status: VMC Communications (PTY) LTD t/a Smartcom,
a company incorporated and registered in the Republic of South Africa.
- Physical address and telephone number: 36 Morsim Road, Hyde Park, Sandton, 2196.
Tel 0861 66 77 46 Web site address and e-mail address: www.smartcom.co.za
and email@example.com or www.smartcomdirect.co.za and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website accredited by: Thawte , www.thawte.com, 021 937-8900
- Code of conduct: Refer to the Smartcom Direct web site terms and
- Registration number: 2003/024613/07
- Directors: N. Zografos, B. Levendal, M. Attieh, L. Richards
- Place of registration: South Africa
- Address for document delivery: PO Box 413636, Craighall, 2024 or
36 Morsim Road, Hyde Park, Sandton, 2196
- Description of goods or services offered:
Renewal of Vodacom Service Provider (VSP) cellular airtime contracts with or without bundled devices, such as cellphones, laptops and data cards, subject to an initial 24 (twenty four) month and/or 36 (thirty six) month airtime contract, Vodacom’s vetting policy and Vodacom’s standard terms and conditions.
- Price of the goods or services: Costing for the various products and services is detailed on every deal on www.cellularupgrades.co.za. A delivery fee is charged for each order and is displayed on the summary page of the order.
- Manner of payment: Admin and delivery fee to be paid via EFT. All other charges are covered by debit order initiated by Vodacom Service Provider.
- Terms of agreement: Available on the www.cellularupgrades.co.za website. All orders are subject to a Vodacom vetting process and are not guaranteed. A copy of the requested order will be emailed to the email address supplied by the customer. Only available to Vodacom Service Provider (VSP) customers who reside in the Republic of South Africa.
- Turnaround time: Smartcom consultants will endeavour to call customers within 2 (two) working days. Delivery occurs thereafter and usually takes 2 – 5 (two to five) working days depending on the customer’s delivery address as well as stock availability. Longer delivery times may apply from time to time.
- Transaction records: A copy of the requested order will be emailed
to the email address supplied by the customer.
- Return policy: Manufacturers malfunctions are covered by a 7 (seven) day swop out warranty subject to Vodacare approval. Thereafter a 24 (twenty four) month Vodacare warranty covers repair of manufacturer malfunctions. Please call Smartcom on 0861 66 77 46 for further details.
by way of SSL certificate. Please refer to the web site terms and conditions for
- Duration of the agreement: 24 (twenty four) to 36 (thirty six)
months depending on the deal requested.
- Review of the transaction: Customers are given the opportunity
to review their order online in step 1 of the ordering process as well as telephonically
with a Smartcom consultant when completing the application process.
- Correcting mistakes: The aforementioned steps provide an opportunity
to rectify any mistakes.
- Withdrawing from the transaction: The aforementioned steps provide
an opportunity to withdraw from the transaction.